Did you know the EPA says that the air inside your home could be 10 to 100 more harmful than the worst outdoor air?
Your furnace provides a perfect environment for the growth and broadcast of germs, mold, bacteria, toxins, and gases that cause unhealthy air conditions. Your furnace is the collection point for re-circulating air in your home and is the ideal place to install an indoor air cleaning system to control harmful levels of indoor air pollutants. Airborne pathogens (microorganisms) which cause infectious disease – bacteria, viruses, fungi, mold, and mildew which cause chronic rhinitis, asthma, and other respiratory ailments. Mold spores are probably the most common bioaerosols. Germs are also known as bioaerosols and pathogens. Other indoor air pollution includes volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) and other toxins which are gasses that cause allergies and other health problems from the sun. This UV energy is not naturally present in our indoor air environment.
UV systems are designed to be installed into the duct work of your furnace and air conditioning system and are based on accumulated research data and actual field experience. All UV energy is measured in nanometers. The wavelengths are shorter than visible light, therefore invisible to the human eye. One of the wavelengths of UV light generated by our germicidal lamps are in the 254 nanometer range which are lethal or damaging to the bioaerosols described above.
We Recommend You Upgrade Your Air Cleaner Today!
Now, your air cleaner can remove even smaller particles with nearly two times greater efficiency.
We can retrofit your existing air cleaner to accommodate our new and improved filtering media.
It’s an easy upgrade that will remove more dust mites. More pollen. More pet dander. Even particles you can’t see, like smoke and viruses.
The upgrade is so simple, we can do it today in a matter of minutes!
Pittsburgh’s Best tested, homeowner accepted, technician approved.
Trust your comfort and your home to the Pittsburgh’s Best cure for indoor dryness.
The air inside your home is drier than you think. The average North American home can be up to four times below recommended indoor relative humidity levels.
When the home heating season arrives, it can be accompanied by a variety of indoor problems caused specifically by low relative humidity in your home. The resulting dry air absorbs moisture from you and everything inside your home. Dry noses. Scratchy throats. Itchy skin. Static shock. All familiar ailments caused by dry air. But, this dry air causes more than discomfort. It can threaten your heath and damage your home.
According to medical experts, many viruses thrive in low humidity and can increase the likelihood of getting colds, flu and upper respiratory ailments. The American Society of Otolaryngology reports that it is important to prevent an overly dry environment because it makes people more susceptible to infection.
But dry air damage doesn’t stop there; when heated air isn’t humidified, it causes walls and ceilings to crack. Wood floors and trim separate. Dry air shrinks the framing around doors and windows, resulting in gaps that let in cold air from the outside, making your home less energy efficient. Expensive instruments and electronic equipment can fall victim to static electric charges, requiring pricey repairs or replacement.
To efficiently minimize the threatening problems associated with dry air, it is essential to treat your home with a whole-home humidifier.
The Pittsburgh’s Best Automatic Humidifier features exclusive technology that eliminates the need for constant manual adjustments to deliver just the right amount of humidity:
- Helps protect against discomfort, illness and damage by eliminating parched, dry air throughout the entire home.
- Eliminates the need to make constant manual adjustments with exclusive ‘no touch’ operation.
- Maintains proper humidity levels throughout the home by sensing changes in outdoor temperature and indoor relative humidity routinely.
- Ensures the best performance all the time as an intelligent product that reminds you when to change the water panel.
- Improves comfort, well-being, preservation and energy savings, generating up to 50% more moisture than humidifiers using a manual control.
Pittsburgh’s Best Whole-Home Media Air Cleaners
Choose a Pittsburgh’s Best Media Air Cleaner when:
- you suffer from seasonal allergies such as hay fever and are concerned about allergens in your home
- you are concerned about airborne mold spores circulating in your home
- you want to protect the life and efficiency of your equipment
Compare the benefits
- Healthier home environment – Permanently traps allergy-causing pollen-sized particles (5 microns and larger) at a rate of 97%, helping to minimize the risk of asthma and allergy attacks. permanently traps mold and spore particles (3 microns and larger) at a rate of 70%, helping to reduce problems with mold-induced images.
- Longer Service Life – the disposable filter media lasts 1 to 2 years, so there is no need for monthly or bi-monthly filter changes or cell cleanings. It just takes minutes to do, and many homeowners simply have their local dealer do it as a part of the annual servicing of their heating and cooling equipment.
- High quality and completely reliable – The Pittsburgh’s Best Media Air cleaners feature limited lifetime warranties. They use no electricity and require no maintenance other than the replacement of the filter media. And because of their large broad door seals, they have the lowest air leakage and bypass.
- Invisible and silent – It mounts to the heating and cooling equipment, out of the way and out of sight. There are no distracting snapping or crackling sounds like those generated by traditional plate-type electronic air cleaners.